Legs, legs and more legs! Men love looking at beautiful legs. Women love having beautiful legs. Shapely legs look nice under a dress, mini skirt or shorts. Some of us will do anything to have a sexy pair of legs!
As a hairstylist most of us stand between 6 to 12 hours per day. We wear fashionable shoes that look nice and trendy. We work wearing stilettos and sexy high heel boots. Some people might ask “why don’t we just work in sneakers or shoes that are appropriate for standing”? Let me answer that – “because we want to look cute and fashionable while working”!!! We will sacrifice the health of our legs for fashion.
Let’s be sensible ladies and gents. We need to follow these simple steps to keep our legs looking beautiful and shapely:
1. If possible, sit down and place your feet on a stool for 15 minutes between clients
2. Bring comfortable shoes to work with you. Change into them after two to three hours of standing
3. Wear supportive panty hose (I know they are ugly!, however, they will prevent you from getting varicose veins!!
4. Exercise – go bike riding, swimming, walking, jogging, stair climbing, aerobics
5. Last but not least, get a foot massage! Yes! You can go to a masseuse or ask your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend to massage your feet and legs. You will be happy you did!:-)